Friday, December 26, 2008

Death - a Feeling

Is death a feeling ?

I fully believe that death is not the end. It actually continues the journey of our soul (just not in this world - we know off). Nobody can try to understand/explain that feeling until it is felt. And nobody has explained it to anybody. I strongly believe that somebody who has felt death has never actually lived again to tell about it. I don't believe in somebody saying that they saw their GOD, loved one or somebody else waived at them at the brink of their eternal sickness(end of the tunnel) and all (BTW, I call these stuff delusions).

At any moment of time we can die. I can die tomorrow, day-after tomorrow. My wife can die tomorrow, or 10 years later. My parents can die in future. My baby girl can die. Everyone has to undergo this unexplained feeling in this life journey. So how does one prepare for death. Can I save for my family such that they can survive my demise. Can I try to accomplish my duties to the best of my abilities as soon as possible. Can I try to be remembered as the best father, husband, son, fellow employee, programmer, human. What can I do to prepare for my demise. There should be something I could do to avoid death as long as I can to accomplish all of the above (greedy !!). Can I ?? What should I do ??

The fact is you don't prepare.

What ?? Why ?? How can you say this ?? This is lame !!.

Or is it ?? Actually it is not. You should not prepare. Do you actually prepare for a feeling ? Did you prepare to feel your mother's womb ? Did you prepare to be born ? Did you prepare to eat your first apple (you have to talk about eating now, don't you ?) ? Did you prepare to be joyous ? Did you prepare to fall in Love ? Did you prepare to be sober ? That's why I believe you shouldn't prepare to die.

When you don't prepare for any other of your feelings, how can you prepare for death. Death is a feeling. You have to feel it as it comes. Just as you drank your first drop of milk. Just as you sat alone in your class. Just as you felt very proud to be a parent. You have to just let it sink in. You shall not prepare for it. You shall not fear it. Its just another feeling.

I believe I am right, am I ?

No comments: